Come take a tour of the features of St James church, using the NEXT link above to move on round.

The original church of St James The Great was a chapel of Pucklechurch, and was consecrated by the bishop of Worcestershire on 16th April 1304. The Nave, North wall, doorway and ancient window are 12th century. The church was largely re-built in the 15th century when the south aisle, porch and tower were added. 

The building was restored following a fire in the late 19th century. Notable features include the 15th century sedilia, 17th century carved screen and posts to the tower base, a carved stone font, 18th century gallery and painted coat of arms.

The 3-stage tower has finely-patterned stonework, pierced parapets, crocheted pinnacles and a stair turret with spirelet.